Press Release (021815)
Contact: Rita Davis
February 18, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ADRN LOOKS TO AUSTIN COMMUNITY FOR CLOTHING AND DONATED ITEMS TO HELP LAUNCH THE OPENING OF HOPE FAMILY THRIFT STORE
Austin, TX – The Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN) is a Christian, non-profit organization that is made up of 130 churches and over 3,800 trained volunteers that sponsor families affected by disaster, great or small.
The Hope Family Thrift Store was created to help ADRN in their mission to support disaster survivors and families, as well as:
- Support the mission of ADRN
- Provide a place for volunteers to help their community
- Raise awareness and support for local disasters
- Provide needed goods to families affected by disaster and those
hurting in the community through vouchers
ADRN and Hope Family Thrift Store (HFTS), located at 1122 East 51st Street, Austin, Texas 78723, needs the Austin communities help. We are in need of donations to fill the thrift store shelves and volunteers to prepare donated items for display before our Grand Opening scheduled for Saturday, March 14th, 2015 from 10AM – 6PM.
Items being accepted:
- Clean, gently used clothing, shoes, and accessories such as purses, bags,
ties, belts and jewelry
- Household items such as toys, books, knick-knacks, home decor, art, linens,
lamps, electronics, dishes
- Gently used furniture and working small appliances
Items not being accepted:
- Broken, torn or stained furniture; Torn, stained or worn-out clothing
- Tires, batteries, motor oil, paint thinner and other hazardous materials
- Bath fixtures, mattresses, waterbeds, cribs and car seats
Donations are now being received at HFTS receiving dock at the back of the building between the hours of 10AM – 6:00PM, Monday-Saturday. For volunteers interested in taking on one or more shifts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support!
# # #
- Next s